Sunday, January 6, 2013

"Just Looking"

The phrase that was most descriptive of the couple of hours I spent one afternoon in late December: "Just looking."

I'm not sure I even saw half of the 400 new cars at the San Diego International Auto Show, but I did see a range from the recent history to a glimpse of the future of cars.

Just inside the San Diego Convention Center were a handful of cars for sale.
1951 Ford Custom Woody Wagon

In a grouping entitled "Muscle (Car) Beach," a handful of these classics showed off their bodies.
Camaro

Mother-daughter Mustangs





















Among the cars in the "Star Cars" section was
1969 Dodge Charger - the "General Lee" from "The Dukes of Hazzard"

Along the way were a number of interesting cars


Then I moved into a group where "just looking" was certainly descriptive of my walk.
BMW

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG gull wing

Mercedes-Benz

Lexus LFA super car

Then I found a couple of concept cars that seemed amazing.
Toyota NS4, a "plug-in" car

Lexus LF-LC, a 500 hp hybrid sports coupe

I then found my way to a equally interesting--and less expensive--group. Among them were
Nissan Leaf, all-electric

Ford C-Max Hybrid, Best Green Vehicle award winner

But there was one more group to see.

No comments: