Sunday, April 27, 2014

The End of the Day

As one recent afternoon gradually approached evening status, the sky looked as though it might present us with a colorful farewell to daylight.

I grabbed my camera and headed to the lagoon by the RV park on the western city limits of Galveston, TX. I passed another party interested in other types of end-of-day activities.
There was a large cloud band at this time, but I thought that we would be blessed with streams of sunlight this evening.
“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”
― Rabindranath Tagore, Stray Birds
Surprisingly, the sun was already near the horizon when I first noticed the color in the sky.
So, when the sun appeared beneath the cloud band, we were treated to a sunset whose colors seemed to rise from the horizon.
And at this point, I just decided to enjoy the colors


"Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting."

– Richard Paul Evans

No comments: